Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Alea Iacta Est

The die is cast.
In these latter days, it's imperative to know where one stands, and to commit to it.

So I did.

I have now been baptized into my church, becoming a member. I wouldn't have guessed I would be doing this a year ago, but there you go.

Now, when any asks me which side I'm on in the battle between Good and Evil, I will tell them I stand with God.

I, naturally, have pictures of the event.

These are the two missionaries who were with me for most of my instruction.
I'm the fat guy in the middle.
The one on the right was Elder Elwood, which is funny.
It's funny because I called both of his partners Elder Jake.
They're on a mission from God 
 These are the two missionaries prior to my baptism.
 This Brother Owens, who performed my baptism.
He's an awesome guy.
 Me, immediately post-immersion.
 Then I bore testimony to the things that lead to my conversion.
Well, some anyway.
 Brother Owens and I
My wife showed up and brought the kids, which was not a forgone conclusion.
I quoted them in my testimony, by name.
They were instrumental in my conversion.

Anyway, it was a pretty good evening. We had more people than seats to put them in, and more who couldn't make it for various reasons. My new church mates are friendly and awesome.

An interesting factoid: The confirmation the next day involves the laying on of hands and a blessing. Ever since that happened, I have had a strange but wonderful feeling. I feel almost as though I could shoot lightening bolts from my fingertips. It's a good feeling,

Sadly, my mom didn't make it nor did the friend I said hated me enough to defininitely not want to come. Other than that, good time was had by all.

I really love my new church and wish I had someone to share that with.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I owe a debt of gratitude that I can never repay to the friend who introduced me to the church and helped me find the Lord.

      Delete