Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Another Anniversary to Forget

On this day last year, I had a surgery for kidney stones. If you've ever had them, you know they're no fun. Even worse than the pain associated with them, I found, is the surgery involved with getting rid of them. You end up trading intermittent, excrutiating, agonizing pain that medication won't help for constant, low-grade agaonizing pain that medication won't help. I passed blood every time I walked for almost three weeks, not that my wife ever noticed. That was about the time she decided to give me the silent treatment for something I wasn't doing. She was petty, vindictive and mean to me at what was already one of the lowest points of my life. To that point, anyway.

If I had the experience again, I would refuse the surgery and just suffer the intermittent pain. Also, I'd leave home while the leavin' was good.

On a brighter note, the pitchers and catchers officially reported for the Clevelnad Indians yesterday, so spring in inexorably on its way.

Do you think they'll still say "pitchers and catchers reporting" when the Major Leagues are filled with openly gay players? There might be some misunderstandoings at first...

No comments:

Post a Comment