Friday, February 28, 2014

R.I.P. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson, one of my favorite comedians, died on Wednesday.

He was both outstanding and typical among comedians.

Outstanding because, even amongst other comedians he was unmistakable and unforgettable. He was a true headliner.

Typical because, like almost every stand-up comedian I have ever met, his on-stage persona was just that, a persona: He was a great guy.

I got to see him twice live. Unforgettable.

He was an outspoken Southern Baptist, as evidenced by his song, First Baptist Bar and Grill (Note: Couple naughty words)


Also: Church League Softball Fistfight.


He won over NASCAR fans with Jeff Gordon's Gay.


Also, the NASCAR Song, better known as Dale Daryl Waltrip Richard Petty  Rusty Awesome Bill Earvin Gordon Earnhardt Smith Johnson Jr.




Pretty much any parent can appreciate Chuck E. Cheese Hell.


My favorite, though, is Beer Belly Blues. Sort of a theme song of mine, at one point. Lost the beer, still have the belly.



Bonus: I Could Be Wrong  This is the censored version, which is the one I wanted, because it's funnier that way. Unfortunately the guy who posted it decided to fill in the blanks when he was captioning, so if you don't like that, don't read them.



R.I.P. Mr. Wilson.

No comments:

Post a Comment