Tuesday, January 7, 2014

I Hate Winter

I hate winter.

It's grey and depressing. And cold.

I should have stayed south when I had the chance, 16 years ago, but noooooo. I had to move back to Ohio. Dummy.

And now it's colder than a polar bear's backside. The temperature is struggling to get to the positive single digits. Ick.

The one bright side is that, even though they were predicting 7 or 8 inches of snow on top of the 5 or 6 that were already down, we got rain that mostly melted the stuff that was already down, and then just a dusting over that. It kept my streak of not shoveling alive. I haven't had to shovel in almost two years. If I can get the car in and out of the driveway, I ain't worrying about it.

Granted there are times when it's been close, but I just stayed closer to the street, and with no sidewalks, being on a motor route for mail and never EVER having any visitors, there's not much need even to clear more than the stairs to the porch, and that's easily accomplished with a broom and some salt.

The worst winter we've had in the past ten years, weatherwise, was the winter of which I spent half in the hospital, so Hooray for Aneurysms! When I got home I had to shovel a bunch, but hey, physical therapy. And that was the only winter I had to shovel more than 3 or 4 times.

Still, at this point: I could use a little global warming.

No comments:

Post a Comment