Thursday, January 30, 2014

Shouldn't Be Long Now

I noted the other day that my blood pressure was 163/108. I found a nice little website that documents what that means.

Here's the money paragraph:

"High blood pressure in this range can cause symptoms such as headache, nausea and vomiting, mental confusion, vision changes, chest pain, or shortness of breath. If you notice any of these symptoms, your high blood pressure is considered a hypertensive emergency and you need to call 911. During a hypertensive emergency, a medical team will work to bring your blood pressure down quickly. If you don't have these symptoms but your blood pressure remains high, doctors call this "hypertensive urgency." It's important to seek medical attention for hypertensive urgency, so that doctors can help bring your blood pressure down over a period of hours to days."

Headache? Check. Every day.

Mental Confusion? Check. A little more all the time.

Vision Changes? Check. My eyes no longer focus together: I have to read through one or the other.

Chest Pain? Check. Especially when I'm walking, which used to be one of my few pleasures. Now it's a chore.

Shortness of Breath? Check. It's now hard to get up the stairs.

Nausea and Vomiting? Not so much. Yet, anyway.

Call 911? Not a chance. And if I pass out and someone else calls, I will refuse treatment when/if I come back around.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm not choosing to go, I'm choosing to not extend my life by artifical means, of which, I think we can agree, medications are one.

Frankly, I just hope I have enough warning to write one final post to say goodbye.

But, if not...no big deal. It's not as if anyone gives, excuse my language, please, a flying fuck, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment